Within Five Miles
Zenger Farm is a small organic urban vegetable farm and wetland, offering field trip programs to all ages. Their hands-on, inquiry based field trip programs include such topics as: plants, wetland ecology, healthy food, natural history, soils, compost and worms.
11741 SE Foster Road, Portland, OR 97266
Leach Botanical Garden is located in a woodland hollow carved by Johnson Creek in southeast Portland. This botanical garden specializes in preserving the original Leach collection as well as introducing northwest native plants through education programs, and community involvement.
Leach Botanical Garden
6704 SE 122nd Ave, Portland, OR 97236
- An Dong Market, 5441 SE Powell Blvd.
- Food 4 Less, 82nd and Powell. This grocery store has a selection of fruits and vegetables from around the world.
- Fubonn Grocery, 2850 SE 82nd Ave.
- Lents International Farmers Market, SE 92nd and Foster Rd. Open Sunday – June through October www.zengerfarm.org/index.php?page=61
- Montavilla Farmers Market, 7600 SE Stark St. Open Sunday – June through October www.montavillamarket.org/
- New Seasons Market on Hawthorne, 4034 SE Hawthorne Blvd.
- Yesenias Super Mercado, 6611 SE Powell Blvd.
- Portland Nursery, 9000 SE Division St., Portland, OR 97266, 503-788-9000
- Portland Nursery, 5050 SE Stark St., Portland, OR 97215, 503-231-5050
- 7 Dees, 6025 SE Powell Blvd., Portland, OR 97206, 503-777-1421