- Rake leaves in MCG and compost.
- Clean and weed garden beds in Multicultural Garden.
- Weed all gardens.
- Leave plant matter in Wildlife Habitat to decompose as in the wild.
- Clean and store tools and leave the gardens in order for winter.
- Check cloches so plants are protected in the event of a cold snap.
- Control weeds by pulling them out when they are small.
- Plan after-school weeding parties for the Wildlife Habitat and other gardens.
- Mulch the Wildlife Habitat in June. This will help to conserve water. Use compost or composted leaf mulch and spread one to two inches deep around plants.
- Weed the gardens before school is out.
- Have summer maintenance plans in place.
- Continue summer maintenance and watering plans.
- Deep-soak playground trees and eco-roof on the outdoor classroom in July. It is best not to water in the middle of the day.
- Schedule a harvest and weeding event.
- Work with PTA to plan Community Service Day in late August.
- Keep up with summer watering and maintenance in gardens.